I called this flavorful, yet easy to make dish ‘salad’ and ‘salsa’ – two in one. Indeed, if you serve it with corn chips, it definitely could be a salsa appetizer. In a company with grilled chicken, meat or fish, this ‘salsa’ will turn into a wonderful salad, bright, nutritious and very tasty.
In a grill season, for even more flavor and taste, I like to use a grilled corn – a charcoal aroma does really make a huge difference.
Black bean and corn salsa-salad could be an ideal picnic or yard party dish.
Some Mexican flavors for your table.
Black Bean and Corn Salsa-Salad
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can yellow corn, drained
- ¼ – 1/3 cup finely chopped red, sweet or Spanish onion
- ½ bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large or 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
- ¼ tsp chili powder (optional)
- ¼ tsp ground cumin (optional)
Rinse the beans with water.
In a salad bowl mix all the ingredients. Stir and let stand (in the refrigerator), preferably at least 1 hour.
Serve with chips or toasts, as a salsa, a salad or a side dish.
Cook with pleasure and enjoy the world!