Chicken Pasta Primavera
This Chicken Pasta Primavera is a natural evolution of one of my favorite pasta dishes, a wonderful spring-and-summer Pasta Primavera.
To be honest, I am cooking Pasta Primavera not just in spring and summer, but all year around. Indeed, this pasta could be made with just two various vegetables, and the result still will be very good. With assorted vegetables you will enjoy a more colorful dish with more textures and taste notes.
So, in spring and summer, when grocery store shelves are filled with young vegetables from local farmers, I’m certainly making Pasta Primavera for dinner using fresh and crunchy asparagus, zucchini, and peas. And for extra luxury I’m adding some chicken and cream.
This is a perfect week day dish which preparation does not require standing in front of the stove for a long time. A delicious and tasty dinner could be made in half an hour.
Then, just enjoy it.
Chicken Pasta Primavera
- 1 package (1 lb) pasta (farfalle, campanelle, rotini/fusilli, penne or by taste)
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast or thighs, cubed or sliced
- 4-6 cups cubes or sliced vegetables (broccoli, zucchini, carrots, asparagus, pea pods, young green beans, young green peas (frozen is fine), sweet pepper)
- 1 chili pepper (optional), finely chopped
- 4-6 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil for cooking
- 1-2 tbsp pasta seasoning, or Italian seasoning, or a mixture of thyme, oregano and marjoram
- ¼ cup dry white wine (optional)
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Black pepper
- Add 1 cup of sliced mushrooms (champignons, cremini)
In salted water, cook the pasta al dente according to package directions.
While the pasta is cooking, in a heavy-bottomed deep pan heat the olive oil. Add chili pepper, garlic, pasta seasoning, and cook for 30-40 seconds over medium heat.
Add chicken and mushrooms, if using, and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
Add the wine, if using, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add the vegetables, salt, black pepper, and cook them for 5 minutes.
Add 1-2 cups of water from the pasta to the vegetables and chicken, and cook them for 5 minutes. The amount of used water depends on the amount of vegetables.
Add the cream, if using, and cook for 1-2 minutes until the sauce is slightly thickened.
Stir in the cooked pasta.
Serve the Chicken Primavera Pasta with Parmesan cheese.
Cook with pleasure and enjoy the world!