This Eggplant Salad with Goat Cheese and Nuts is equally delicious either warm or cold. The eggplant can be cooked on a grill, a grill pan or a frying pan. I prefer a grilled option for this recipe, as it does not require a lot of oil.
A simple garlic-and-parsley mixture can be used as an aromatic addition to the dish. Other herbs, such as Italian seasoning or Herbs de Provence are good as well. If you like rosemary, add some finely chopped fresh needles of this herb. Nuts give this salad a crunchy texture. Goat cheese brings another tasty dimension.
All together, enjoy a flavorful, delightful, and very satisfying dish with a crusty piece of good bread.
- 1 large eggplant
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 50-75 g soft goat cheese
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts or pine nuts (optional)
- Cherry or grape tomatoes for garnish (cut large tomatoes in half or quarters)
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar (lemon juice or white balsamic vinegar)
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil + 1-2 tbsp
- Freshly ground black pepper
Cut an eggplant into thick slices. Put in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Allow to stand for about 15 minutes.
While the eggplant is in the colander, make dressing. Mix all the ingredients for the dressing.
In a small bowl mix parsley and garlic.
Dry eggplant slices with paper towel. Brush with olive oil and grill on medium-high heat.
Transfer the eggplant slices onto a platter, sprinkle with coarse salt and a parsley-garlic mixture, dot with goat cheese. Add nuts, garnish with tomatoes and drizzle with dressing.
Serve the salad warm or cold.
Cook with pleasure!