The chickpea salad I prepared so impressed me so much that it immediately fell into the category of ‘my-best-and-delicious’
I made this salad with fresh tomatoes, but I will certainly repeat it with oven-dried tomatoes and roasted peppers.
The salad will be fine if served right after the preparation – just mix all the ingredients and enjoy. But, certainly, if you let it stand for few hours or even a day – it will be tastier and more flavorful, full-bodied and complex with all the aromas opened and turned into one amazing dish.
Because of hearty garbanzo beans the salad is very nutritious, so it’s great as a vegetarian meal. Also it is a wonderful side dish for a fish or chicken. My garbanzo salad will compliment lamb chops dinner as well, making it delicious and special.
This bright, healthy, and divine salad is worth to be prepared!
Garbanzo, sweet pepper, and tomato salad
- 2 sweet peppers, chopped into chunks
- 2 cans chickpeas (400-500 g each), drained
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped onion (I have a red onion)
- 2 small garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 – 1 ½ cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved, or 2-3 medium meaty tomatoes, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2-3 tsp lemon juice (or a little more, to taste)
- 3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Black pepper
- Olive oil for frying peppers
In a frying pan heat the olive oil, add the peppers and fry them on a medium to high until light-golden brown for 3-5 minutes.
In a salad bowl mix all the ingredients.
The amount of lemon juice should be adjusted according to your taste: add less and try. If needed, add more.
Cook with pleasure and enjoy the world!