Fresh, juicy, crunchy, sweet, and spicy – all these are epithets describing this wonderful healthy salad.
Sometimes it is not easy to write about things that are very simple. Just go ahead, make it tonight and enjoy. You won’t be disappointed with a flavor and taste of Mango Jicama Salad.
It is excellent as salad or as a light side for meat, chicken or fish. Such a delicious and gorgeous pleasure!
Mango Jicama Salad
- 6-8 cups baby arugula or other young salad leaves
- 1 mango, ripe but firm, julienned or sliced
- ½ small jicama, julienned
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 chili pepper (fresno or jalapeno), minced
- 2-3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Juice of ½ lime
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
In a large salad bowl arrange arugula. Top it with the mango, jicama, red onion and chili pepper. Drizzle with lime juice and olive oil. Season the salad with salt and pepper. Mix lightly. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Cook with pleasure!