I like so much when the simplest dishes deliver a great gastronomic pleasure. Quick marinated white beans and chickpeas are one of them.
Literally this is a five minute appetizer, a part of antipasti plate or a delicious salad topping.
All the ingredients are easily found in your pantry, and then just mix them in a bowl and serve.
This is an excellent addition to a hurry up appetizers.
Quick Marinated Beans and Chickpeas
- · 1 can butter beans or chickpeas (14-15 oz/400-500 g)
- · 1 tsp very finely chopped shallot or 1/8 tsp granulated dry onion
- · 1 small clove garlic, minced, or 1/8 tsp granulated garlic
- · pinch of cayenne pepper or ½ jalapeno pepper, minced
- · ¼ – ½ tsp Italian herb seasoning or pasta seasoning
- · 1 tsp white wine vinegar (or white balsamic, or lemon juice)
- · 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- · Salt
- · Black pepper
Drain the beans and/or chickpeas; rinse them with chilled boiled water.
In a bowl mix all the ingredients but the olive oil. Add the olive oil to your taste: add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, stir; then add more, if you need. The amount of the olive oil depends on the beans or chickpeas quality (how they absorb the oil) and your personal taste (more or less oily).
For best results, let the beans stand for 30 minutes or longer.
Serve as an appetizer or salad topping. If desired, sprinkle with parmesan flakes.
You can use store bought Italian salad dressing in place of the vinegar, dried herbs and spices.
Cook with pleasure!