For today’s Cinco de Mayo just in one minute I made this wonderful salsa. Plus it took about five more minutes to prepare all the ingredients for the sauce.
Along with my salsa fresca this sauce is my favorite in the Mexican cuisine.
Salsa-in-a-minute is very tasty, spicy and flavorful. It is good with chips, tortillas, tacos, quesadillas and other Mexican dishes, as well as with shish kebabs, steaks, pork, sausages, hot dogs, and burgers. I can even use it even as an unusual spicy pizza sauce or with sandwiches.
Salsa in a Minute
- 1 can tomatoes in juice (14-15 oz)
- ¼ small onion, chopped
- ½-1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 medium clove garlic, chopped
- 3-5 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ lime, juice and grated zest
- ¼ tsp dried oregano (preferably Mexican)
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp or slightly more sugar (the quantity depends on the quality of tomatoes)
- Freshly ground black pepper
Blend all the ingredients in a food processor. Store refrigerated in a closed container.
Cook with pleasure!