Sometimes a simplest combination of ‘pantry-and-fridge’ ingredients creates a delightful and satisfying dish. This sardine pate from Mediterranean diet is a good proof of it.
Simple, tasty and healthy – this is what you want to see at your table. The sardine pate is great as an appetizer or for lunch.
1 ½ cup
- 1 can sardines (3.75 oz)
- 1 tbsp diced sweet onion (such as Vidalia)
- 1 pickled cucumber (such as Claussen), diced
- ¼ – ½ coarsely grated or diced apple
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt (if needed)
- Ground black pepper
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Fresh parsley, dill or cilantro for garnish
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or oil from sardines
In a bowl smash sardines with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients. Stir.
Serve with bread, toasts, crackers or chips.
Cook with pleasure!