I brought a new twist to this traditional Russian summer salad. Green peas, which I added to the old fashioned vegetable mix, improved the look of the salad and enriched the taste.
The ‘dressing’ for the salad is simple, just to enhance fresh and sweet taste of the vegetables. A little olive oil, chives or green onions and some aromatic dill make this salad so fresh and so summery.
Simple, tasty, in a new way, and easy to make this summer salad with green peas is a keeper.
Summer salad with Green Peas
- 1-2 medium tomatoes, chopped or sliced
- 1-2 cucumber, chopped or sliced
- 4-6 radishes, chopped or sliced
- ½ – 1 cup green peas (you can use frozen)
- 1-2 green onion heads, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced (garlic is optional)
- 2-3 tbsp chopped fresh dill (or to taste)
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar or white balsamic vinegar (vinegar is optional)
- Black pepper
Steam or cook peas in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain. Cool. Young fresh peas can be used without cooking.
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients.
Cook with pleasure!